Monday, April 26, 2010

30 Weeks and Baby Shower













I hit 30 weeks in my pregnancy today and only have 10 more weeks until I get to meet Evie! We are so excited for the impending arrival of our little bundle of joy and to help us get ready our Moms threw us a baby shower this weekend. My Mom and Stepmom (Chris) made the most incredible food and adorable decorations and my Mother-in-law provided beverages and helped set up. It was an amazing day and I am so thankful to have so much family that love and support us. I want to thank everyone who contributed to making the day so special and I want to thank everyone for all the beautiful gifts. I will be sending out the official Thank you cards sometime in the next week or so but I am so grateful I can’t help but Thank everyone several times!
I made my way through all of the presents yesterday and my entire living room floor was covered in clothes – Evie will be the best dressed baby ever. Brian put the crib and glider together and moved the dresser and bookshelf into the room. I, of course, had to make the crib and put up some decorations to see how it will look and It is going to look so sweet. I only have a few more items to purchase for my little one and I will be already for her arrival.
I am so glad we have a lot of this stuff done now because the next couple of months are going to be busy and I want to rest as much as possible. My doctor appointments are every two weeks now and we start our birthing class in two weeks (it will run for four Tuesday nights, 3 hours per night). We are also trying to finish up some outdoor projects so it is going to be a busy 10 weeks.
I am still feeling pretty good – tired and a little achy (I am experiencing some growing pains that make walking difficult). Evie is moving around a good proportion of the day and enjoys moving the most when I am attempting to fall asleep- I don’t mind though because it shows she is doing well and I really think the movements feel cool.
I will post pics of the nursery in the next week or so.

No comments:

Post a Comment