Monday, July 12, 2010

Two Weeks








Evie turns two weeks old today and I can't believe it has been two weeks already!!!! Brian and I were discussing yesterday that if Evie hadn't arrived on time I would be induced today - that would be two weeks without our little one, two weeks more of being magnificently pregnant and two more weeks of anticipation. I will admit there has been several times over the past week that I wished she was back inside of me (yes, it was easier being pregnant than being a mom).
Brian and I have fallen head over heels in love with Evie. She is the best baby - she sleeps 3 to 4 hours at a time, breast feeds well (we do have to suppliment with formula a couple of times a day) and barely cries (she doesn't like to be washed or have her diaper changed).
She likes to cuddle and be held but will also sleep in her crib in her own room all night. We are very lucky to have this wonderful baby.
Some of you may have wondered why I haven't posted lately and it has to do with Post Partum Depression -this is something I will post more about because it is a huge issue that is not discussed enough. I had no idea how hard it was going to be to become a mother and what my hormones would do to my emotions and body. But for now I have to end this post short because little Evie is waking up:)

2 comments:

  1. the time flies, doesn't it?? it's crazy how long pregnancy can feel, and then suddely your baby is more than, like, a day old and you can't believe that much time has gone by.

    thanks for being honest enough to share that mommyhood isn't all sunshine and rainbows--sorry to hear that you're dealing with ppd, but i think it's great that you're going to share what you've been going through with us readers. and remember, there are lots of other moms (like me!) who are just a phone call or facebook message away if you need to vent, commiserate, or simply talk about anything OTHER than baby stuff.

    keep the pictures and updates coming, i love hearing about little evie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, mama. Thanks for the great pictures - I especially like the one of you and Evie cuddling. I hope I get to see you guys this weekend but I understand if it's too much right now.

    I'm sorry you're going through a tough time. That sounds trite but I mean it - I can't imagine how crazy and emotional it must be to go from being pregnant to having all this love and all this responsibility at once. Thank you for sharing it - I know it can be hard to be open when you're feeling so bad.

    ReplyDelete