Thursday, July 1, 2010

Evie Marie Vanscoy









Evie Marie was born June 28th at 7:38 PM - weighing in at 8 pounds 18 inches and extremly healthy. Labor started at 1:30am on Monday morning and we started timing contractions at 2:30 - they were 5 minutes apart from 2:30 to 5:30 and then moved to 3 to 4 minutes apart and became more painful. We went to the hospital at 7:00 and all labor stopped - I was only 2 cms dilated and the contractions just ended for one and half hours. After an exam and sitting on the medicine ball labor began again and I was at 4 cm- within two more hours I reached 7 cms. The doctor came in around 6 and we decided to break my water - I was doing pretty good up to this point and had no drugs. After my water broke I moved to 9 cms and the pain intensified to the point that I could no longer stand it - I had an epidural which was the best decision I could have ever made. We pushed for 30 minutes and our little Evie entered the world!!!! Evie had been an absolute joy - she is sleeping well, breastfeeding with minimal issues and very easy to handle. I couldn't ask for a better more beautiful baby - I am so in love.






3 comments:

  1. oh i'm so happy for you guys!! mike and i have been checking your blog & facebook non-stop for updates, and keep talking about how you must be doing in this amazing phase of your lives. there is truly nothing like those first days with your little baby. she is gorgeous, and i'm so happy to hear that mommy and baby are doing well. isn't it such a relief to have her here and healthy? enjoy, get rest when you can, and block out the rest of the world as you, rex, and evie get to know each other!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is absolutely beautiful! Congratulations, you guys - and well done, mama.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations Rex and Fanesia! I'm so happy for you guys and she is just beautiful. I hope everything is going well at hope as you are getting accustom to your little bundle of joy. Fanesia good luck on your road to recovery. We cant wait to meet her!
    Erin Whitney

    ReplyDelete