Sunday, March 14, 2010

24 Weeks -Belly Button Obsession














My new obsession is my belly button! It seems to be getting very close to popping out of my belly, which has completely freaked me out. You would think the imminent stretch marks, or the cellulite on my butt and thighs or the impending pain of birth would have my attention – No it is my belly button. It looks so funny and at times itches or hurts. I sit with my belly hanging out every night and watch or play with my belly button – I am not sure what has prompted this obsession but I hope to get over it soon. I have even started having nightmares where my belly button pops out and then falls off – how gross!!
We have started the flooring project in the upstairs and will keep everyone updated on the progress. I hope to have the floors completed by the end of next weekend so we can install the carpet in Evie’s room. I went to Michaels last week and purchased a ton of crafty items to decorate her nursery and I can’t wait to get started. I have begun to crochet an afghan for Evie and I look forward to sharing a pic with everyone.
I realized today that we only have 16 weeks left to go – I am so excited but feel a bit overwhelmed. I don’t feel like we are ready at all because the nursery is not even started but I am trying to take it one day at a time. I am sure we will get it done soon- I guess this is the nesting part of the pregnancy.
Evie and I are still very healthy. She is moving around all of the time, which has caused sleeping to be an issue for me. I wake up because she kicked me and then can’t go back to sleep because I love feeling her move and don’t want to miss it. My feet and legs have started to swell and ache already – I am not loving this but have learned to put my feet up when they get too bad and I have cut out as much salt as possible. Other than that I am feeling great and still love being pregnant – I can’t imagine life without little Evie inside of me! As you can see from the pics my stomach is growing by leaps and bounds and will only continue, which is all due to Evie’s amazing growth spurts. In the next four weeks she will double in weight –going from 1 pound to over 2 pounds. I believe I have gained 10 pounds but it fluctuates so much that I am never really sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment