Saturday, March 27, 2010

26 Weeks and Jeans


I finally broke down in my 25th week of pregnancy and bought a pair of jeans - my body has not fit into jeans for 3 months. As many of you know Maternity clothes are very expensive but I was fortunate to have a sister-in-law that saved all of her clothes for me - it is unfortunate that Samantha is 4 inches shorter than me so I had some trouble with the pants. I have not had to buy many shirts but I did not fit into any of her jeans so I finally broke down and spent a small fortune on a pair of jeans that I hope will fit for the rest of this pregnancy. As you can see from the above picture I am still expanding but my belly button has not popped out yet- it is getting closer though. I was asked last weekend if I was due soon and almost started crying when I had to explain that I still have 3 months to go. I don't think I look that big yet but I can't imagine three more months of growing, strectching and expanding in all areas of my body. I have not gained too much weight - I fluctuatue between 13 and 16 pounds for the entire pregnancy.
Brian finished the floors upstairs and they came out gorgeous - I am married to a very talented man. We get to move everything back into the bedroom tomorrow and I am very excited to be sleeping in my own bedroom instead of the living room. We just have to order the carpet and get Evie's room painted and we will be all set to decorate the nursery. I have found that I am very frustrated with my inablitiy to help with these projects but I have decided today (after a complete hormonal breakdown) that I am giving up. If there is a project that needs to be completed before Evie arrives I will be asking for help and not attempting to do it myself. On that note, if anyone is bored I have plenty of work to hand out:)

3 comments:

  1. you're looking so wonderful!! don't let anyone's insensitive comments make you feel badly about these normal and amazing changes your body is going through--what i slowly learned is that people who say those things are trying to communicate that they are excited for you, and don't realize that it's NEVER okay to make offhand comments about the way someone else looks... especially someone doing something as selfless as growing another human being!

    i can definitely empathize with that feeling of helplessness--it's so much more frustrating to be unable to do all those house projects than i ever imagined! but you're doing soooo well at letting go and allowing rex to just help you. keep getting lots of rest and remind yourself that you're working SO hard even when you are doing nothing but sitting around sleeping or watching tv!

    anyway, sorry for the loooong comment! i'm glad to hear you guys are doing well and you're still enjoying pregnancy. you have such joy waiting for you at the end of your 9+ months of gestating, it is worth it beyond what i ever could have anticipated. can't wait for you guys to experience this happiness and satisfaction when you meet your little girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look so GREAT!!! You look like your measuring perfectly at this point. Enjoy every little bit..because ehhh I know its hard to believe...you will miss being pregnant at some point!! You will miss being "fat" and having your lil baby ALL to yourself and having her lil movemnets be your little secrets...totally hard to believe I KNOW..I couldnt wait for Carly to be here..and I am soooo glad she is (it truely is THE BEST thing you and Brian will ever go through) But its also amazing being pregnant...SO ENJOY WOMEN!!!! I have some newborn clothes that I got at my shower for Carly (she was way too big to ever wear them) I was going to give them to Hil, but Natalie was bigger..so if your interest write me your address on facebook and I will kindly send them too you guys!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look really good and just try not to listen to anyone's comments. Everyone carries babies differently so it is hard for people to really tell how far along they are. I guess most people just don't learn that you should not say anything. I completely understand about the pregnancy clothes. Remember though since you are planning to have more kids you will probably wear them again and unfortunately you do wear them post-partum some while your body adjusts. I found q lot of maternity stuff at oldnavy.com(since old navy here doesn't sell maternity in store) The shipping usually isn't too bad and there is a pretty good clearance selection.
    Erin Whitney

    ReplyDelete