Monday, August 16, 2010

7 Weeks = Smiles




My little Evie has started to smile!!!!!!!! We thought she had been smiling at us but not sure if it was gas- well this weekend she def. smiled and giggled as I made funny faces at her:) My heart just melted and it was probably one of the best moments ever.
Last week started off rough because I bought new, bigger bottles and used the wrong nipple (fast), which made Evie so gassy that she was up half the night crying from the pain and farting up a storm. I felt horrible but I figured out the problem and by the end of the week we were happy again. Brian and I had our first date night since Evie was born - Brian and I walked around Stuyvesant Plaza and then went to Delmonicos for dinner. I was able to have a couple of chocolate martinis and they were fabulous. Evie spent the day with her Grandma, Aunt Samantha, and Aunt Debbie- they said she was an angel and slept most of the time. Evie did give Aunt Samantha a little gift- a very nasty diaper!! We were supposed to pick her up around 10 but I couldn't wait and at 8:30 I was holding my little one again:)
On Sunday, Brian and I were able to get a bunch of small projects done (clean the house, fix the mail box, clean and organize the cat's room, clean up outside, and gather stuff for the garage sale we want to have in a couple of weeks), while Evie spent some time in her swing and taking naps. It felt great to be productive and to have Evie happy and content.

No comments:

Post a Comment