Monday, November 1, 2010

Happy Halloween













Halloween is one of my favorite holidays - I don't really like getting dressed up but I love watching everyone else morph into someone new, I absolutely love the spooky decorations, and the free candy is pretty awesome. Halloween started Friday night when I dressed Evie up for some photos, continued into Saturday - Evie had her first overnight with Grammie and Grandpa and we went out with our very crazy friends, and ended Sunday with an all day horror movie event. Evie's first overnight went really well - we dropped her off at 4:00 on Saturday, she stayed awake and played with Grammie and Grandpa for hours and promptly fell asleep at 8:45pm. I only called to check in at 9:30, which I am pretty impressed with because we were out with 3 other new Moms and they called several times (one even left by 7 to go home to her baby cause he had shots the day before that caused a severe case of the crankies). Evie slept the entire night in her play yard located in the living room, while Grammie slept on the couch next to her. She woke at 5:30am, ate, played and slept some more. The Grandparents dropped Evie off around 11:30 and I had a very hard time putting her down the rest of the day. I missed her terribly but it was so much fun to go out with our friends. I would like to point out that our Halloween costumes went with our friends theme, not our daughter's, because it would be a little weird that I was a hunter and Brian was a safari hunter and apes were our target! Our friends dressed up in these wonderful Gorilla costume and we spent the night shooting them with nerf guns (yes, we are great role models!). It was a wonderful 1st Halloween as a family and I look forward to many more.

1 comment: