Monday, December 27, 2010

Amazing Holiday!

The Christmas festivities started December 18th and continued until the 26th and each day was amazing! Our first Holiday season with Evie was everything I could have hoped for and more - she enjoyed all of the lights, sounds, wrapping paper, time with family and of course her presents. My Mom and I took Evie to Rotterdam Square Mall to get her pic taken with Santa on Wednesday. I wasn't going to do this because of how much they charge - $16.00 for 1 5x7 (ridiculous) but I just didn't want to regret not having that moment so I sucked it up and let my Mom pay for it:) Brian and I stuck to our two present rule, which amazes me because I wanted Evie to have everything I saw but the family did spoil her rotten. She has an amazing new wardrobe for a couple of months, a zoo of stuffed animals, books to add to her library and a few other odds & ends. She wasn't able to open her own presents but did enjoy chewing on the paper until it was so soggy it fell off the item. The present Brian bought her is awesome- last night Evie became very cranky due to a teething issue and I pulled out the turtle, which projects stars onto the ceiling, turned off all the lights and enjoyed an hour of quiet time. Evie sat for a while smacking the turtle shell to see if she could find where the lights were coming from and then laid on her back watching the stars on the ceiling. It was a great moment as a family!
Evie has her 6 month Dr appt Tuesday morning along with her 6 month birthday! I can't wait to see how much she has grown but I really don't want to go through another set of shots and seeing my baby in pain. Luckily, Brian is home all this week so he will be spending the day with Evie on the couch, trying to keep her as comfortable as possible.
I believe we will be spending New Year's eve on the couch instead of at the bars and I am so looking forward to skipping the New Year day hangover. I am also looking forward to spending time with Brian and Evie.

No comments:

Post a Comment