Thursday, December 2, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving:)

Our first Thanksgiving as a family!
Evie with her cousin, Erin.


My little piggy!






Happy 30th B-day Baby!!
Surprise:)

Happy Thanksgiving - A little late:)
We have been so busy lately that I have not found time to update this blog. We had to get ready for Thanksgiving - I only had to bake four pies but that is a lot of work with a 5 month old! We went to my Dad and Chris' house in the morning to visit - of course Dad was out hunting and Evie slept through the entire visit but it was nice to spend some time with Chris and talk about our Black Friday strategies. We then went to my in-laws for dinner and it was wonderful. Evie was able to sit in between Brian and I as we ate dinner and the family loved passing her around. She was a little cranky but overall had a great first Thanksgiving day!
I had to work on Friday but I did wake early and went to Walmart at 6am. I was able to get a wireless printer that we have wanted for a long time at a very good price, I bought Evie two new toys and this great Monkey sleeping bag (we are using it as a playmat for now) and a few other small items. Brian went shopping in Albany and got some great deals on tools and a new, fake X-mas tree for us. I have decided that cleaning tree needles out of Evie's diaper was not for me so we are using a fake tree until we are done having children and they know not to eat tree droppings!
I also had to prepare for Brian's "surprise" 30th birthday party, which was really hard because I couldn't ask him for help because I didn't want to give it away. Of course, he figured it out 3 weeks prior to the party and never said anything to me! I did take the easy route when it came to the food, I ordered subs from Boltons (our favorite sub shop), I did cheese and crackers, chips and salsa and bread with dip. I did make Brian's favorite cake, "the Nick cake", which is a chocolate cake with powdered sugar instead of frosting. We had a lot of very good friends show up and enjoy the evening with us. I drank a bit too much and had to suffer through a hangover with Evie the next morning (have I mentioned she has learned how to scream and screech at the top of her lungs) but Brian was awesome and took over for most of the day. We had a great night and I am so glad we were all able to celebrate Brian's b-day together.
Evie is doing great! She has had a small cold where the snot actually leaked out of her eye (GROSS) but the dr assured me she was OK and that she would feel better soon. She is loving eating solids- she has tried carrots, squash, sweet potatoes, peas, pears, apples and prunes. She has loved everything except the carrots and tolerated them well enough. I am not very good about waiting 3 days to introduce a new food but have stuck to a color scheme, which makes no sense at all but it works for us. I only fed her orange food for a week and we are now moving onto green food:) I have not made my own food yet but plan on doing it after the holidays when she has more options to eat. Evie loves her walker but has not been fond of her jumper. She is still not rolling but is soo freakin close - I sometimes push her over so she knows what it feels like. She enjoys sitting with Brian and I as we watch TV at night- we try to limit the amount she watches but honestly Brian and I grew up glued to the TV and we are OK - so I am sure Evie will be too. I am seriously winging this whole parenting thing and find that to be the easiest and most enjoyable option. I think it is great that some parents are able to research and put the theories into practice but that is just not for Brian and I - we prefer going with our gut, making mistakes and learning from them.

No comments:

Post a Comment