Monday, December 20, 2010

Merry Christmas 2010

Merry Christmas! Christmas started in the Vanscoy/Sellick family this weekend beginning with a trip to Johnstown to see my Mom, Step Dad, and sister on Saturday. We spent the day eating way too much and opening a few presents- Evie received a Baby Alive doll that bounces and laughs (needless to say that toy is staying at Grandma's because we are creeped out by dolls:) I received a cookbook on how to make organic baby food, which I am very excited to start doing after the holidays and Brian received the book "Children make terrible pets"- so cute!!
The festivities continued on Sunday when my Dad, Stepmom and Grandpa came over for lunch. Once again, we ate way too much and opened up more gifts (yup, we are spoiled rotten). One tradition my Dad and Stepmom started with Evie is to give her own stocking - in my 31 years I have always gotten a stocking stuffed with cool items and now Evie is getting it too. Brian and I are not very good at the whole stocking stuffing so I am happy Grandpa and Grammie have come to the rescue. Evie also got the Dino ride and stride, a Giraffe slide to stuff balls into, socks, a hilarious stuffed turtle that laughs like a kid and a lot of other cool toys. I had so much fun opening the presents for Evie, showing her what it is, and then playing with them. I think next year a new rule is going into effect though- all toys come put together and ready to play with - I spent an hour putting the toys together while everyone sat around and laughed at me.
Christmas will continue for us next weekend with a trip to Brian's uncle's on Friday night, Brian's Mom, Brother and girlfriend Christmas morning; My Mom, Stepdad, grandparents and brother in the afternoon at our house. We will be extremely busy but it will be so much fun. This will be my first Christmas since childhood that I get to stay home the entire day and I get to be the hostess so I am really excited. It is also our first Christmas with Evie so it will be extra special!!

1 comment:

  1. Im telling you I was sooooo stressed out for like 4 hours yesterday opening all Carlys toys and putting them together and finding batteries..but now on Christmas I dont have to worry about it...I think its a must for next year..even tell your family!!! That way they get to see her play with everything the moment she opens its!! Less stess Christmas morning! Im gonna miss that little monkey these next two weeks!! Carly didnt cry when she left today, prob. because she figured she would be back tomorrow lol Im sure I will spend a few days chasing Carly around the house as she goes room to room looking for Evie!! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete