Monday, January 18, 2010

16 weeks







Today was our 16 week appt and we are doing very well. I feel great and the little monster is moving around like crazy - the doctor commented that my baby must be on roller skates in there:) My Sister went with me and was able to hear the heart beat for the first time, which was really cool that I could share that with her and we both left the office with big goofy grins on our faces. My next appt is in 4 weeks and we will be able to find out the sex and have the ultrasound that goes through all of our baby's anatomy.
I have made a couple of comments on Facebook about a fear of gaining weight and my desire to exercise- I would like to clarify my thought process here so people don't think I am a freak. Yes, I know I am skinny and I started this pregnancy at my ideal weight -132 at 5'8. I am now 136.8 and that is perfect weight gain for the first 16 weeks. I hope to gain 25 pounds through the entire process but I only want what is best for the baby and I totally dont care if I get big - it is a beautiful process and I am willing to give up my body for the little one. My fear is that I will gain 100 pounds, be out of shape and not have the stamina needed to give birth. So when you hear me talking about exercising and worrying about weight gain - it is really my worry for the health of my baby and my ability to provide a nice cozy home for the next 5 months. I also feel great now that I am going to the gym three days a week and feel like I have control over something in this pregnancy (for those of you who don't know - I am a total control freak so it is nice to have it over staying in shape).
I also want to thank everyone that has posted a comment on this blog. I attempted to respond individually but have not figured out how to:) I love hearing the suggestions and the encouragement!




1 comment:

  1. Hey!! Your lil bump is soo cute!! Your def. showing now!! Just dont over think the whole weight thing too much, I would go in for one appointment and gain like 6lbs and be sooo upset with my self and then the next appt. I would only gain like 1lb (and I didnt really change anything with my diet or exercise) So it goes up and down with the lil ones growths spurts (but no one really told me that so if I went over my "goal weight" at one appt. I was crushed..lol) Even though I had no control over it..your body will change fast and at times I def. felt very outta control!! Just relax and take care!!!I also set the goal of 25lbs im now at 33lbs with 3 weeks to go :/..lol.. And ALWAYS remember your not really eating for two..well you are...but one is very very little..lol..Take Care!!

    ReplyDelete