Monday, January 25, 2010

17th Week and Movement

I have discovered the most amazing part of being pregnant- feeling the baby move. I started feeling little flutters last week but was definite that it was the baby last Wednesday (January 20th) while standing in my Boss’ office- my face lit up and I stopped the conversation to describe what it felt like. Since then I have only felt random flutters until this morning when I ate Lucky Charms and drove to work, which caused the baby to start dancing in my uterus all morning. I have been looking forward to this moment ever since I was a little girl and felt my cousin kicking my Aunt. I am so fortunate to feel my little one so early and I am so thankful to have such an active little monster. Some people have commented that I will not love the little flutters when they turn into kicks and punches (especially in the middle of the night) but I don’t think that will happen. Every kick, flip, roll and punch is a blessing and an indication that my baby is healthy and a live – I am sure I will complain once or twice but I hope to keep it to a minimum. My only wish is that I could share this moment with Brian – that I could give him this wonderful gift but we will have to be patient and soon enough he will be able to feel the baby’s movements on my belly.
On another note, Brian and I went to our friend’s baby shower this weekend (Congratulations again Mike and Hilary). There were 5 pregnant ladies at this party ranging from 32 weeks to 17 weeks and it is amazing how different each one of us and our pregnancies are. It was really great to be able to share stories and it was educational for me since this is my first while it is the second pregnancy for 3 of the girls. There were two very beautiful babies in attendance and watching them made me even more excited to meet my little one.
I am doing a good job with exercising three times a week but I am having an issue refusing cake or dessert, which would explain the two pounds I gained last week. This week will be rough since I will have my last wisdom tooth pulled tomorrow but luckily it will not harm the baby - I will just be sore for a couple of days.

No comments:

Post a Comment