Monday, January 4, 2010

January 4, 2010

Happy New Year!! Last year was an interesting year, full of wonderful events (our new home, my thirtieh birthday, and the announcement of our bundle of joy) and I can not wait to see what this new year will bring us. We spent New Years Eve at home with Brian's sister and brother-in-law and their two boys (Braeden and Bryson). I was actually able to stay awake until the ball dropped (with the help of a two hour nap) - first time I have been awake and sober for this event in many years:) I did get to experience the pregnant designated driver on Friday night - I am perfectly happy giving up alcohol for the little one but I was slightly jealous when everyone was pretty tipsy while all I wanted to to do was go home and climb into my nice cozy bed.
Today marked the official end of the first trimester- yeah!! Overall I feel great, morning sickness is all gone, I am not as tired, I am capable of functioning after work, and the mood swings are gone. I started going back to the gym and I am walking for 30 minutes on the treadmill a couple of times a week. I have also started eating more healthy, which is much easier now that the Holidays are over, fruits and veggies are not as repulsive as they were and meat seems to be more appetizing. I am not sure what my starting weight was when I got pregnant but I think I gained 5 pound the first 8 weeks but did not gain any weight from 8 to 12 weeks. I am looking forward to my next appt to see what I have gained between 12 and 16 weeks- I don't think it will be much. My stomach seems to be expanding every day but I am still able to fit in my own clothes - I just need to wear the bella band because I cannot button or zip my pants. My loving husband did buy me a couple pair of cargo pants from Old Navy this weekend, which have an elastic waist and have plenty of room to grow and they will be more comfortable than jeans with the bella band.
Well I have rambled on long enough - I hope everyone has a Happy New Year!!

1 comment:

  1. Happy New Year!! Hard to believe this is the year we'll be moms, huh?! Congrats on surviving the first trimester, you're definitely in for a more pleasant few weeks.

    Oh, and before I forget! I don't know what books/websites/videos/etc. you've already been checking out, but I wanted to recommend "Your Pregnancy, Week by Week," which is a great book that gives you weekly updates on what new and exciting things are happening in your uterus, and http://www.babycenter.com/slideshow-baby-size, which is a fun website that compares the baby's size to food so you can get a sense of how big he/she really is. AND, I am also hooked on the weekly updates from www.americanpregnancy.org, they send you an email each week with helpful hints and information on relevant topics (including a section for the dad-to-be).

    Anywayyy, you probably already have all of this, or have found sites and books that you love already, but I wanted to recommend some of my faves!! Hope to see you before the little aliens arrive! :)

    ReplyDelete