Monday, June 21, 2010

38 Weeks

We are 38 weeks pregnant today and very much looking forward to the end of this adventure. The weather has gotten hot which means I am pretty miserable with swollen feet and hands - I went to work today in flip flops because I don't fit into anything else. My weekly doctor appt went very well - my cervix is thinning but not dilated and Evie is in the right position to vacate my uterus (hopefully soon). I had "fake" contractions all weekend and felt terrible - I was really hoping I would go into real labor but nothing yet. I believe my last day of work will be this Friday, which makes me really happy because I am just too tired for 8 hour work days. I guess we are just playing the waiting game at this point.

1 comment:

  1. hang in there!! it's sooo close :) my midwife recommended tons of water and lots of rest in the last couple of weeks, and whether it made any difference or not i don't know... but it is always good to have an excuse to put your feet up while you still have the opportunity! enjoy these last days of just you and rex, and even try to enjoy the anticipation (even though it can feel like you can't wait to not be pregnant anymore!). we can't wait to hear when your little doll arrives!

    ReplyDelete