Monday, May 2, 2011

Easing the tension

So, Brian and I have hit a hard time in our life - I was laid off, Brian's job filed chapter 11, and we have to fix our septic (which is a costly problem) but our daughter has brought laughter into our lives and makes it all better. One of the tension easing moments was the other morning - Evie has been teething again and wakes around 5am, which isn't making life any easier. Saturday morning I retrieved Evie from her crib and cuddled with her in our spare bedroom so Brian could get a little bit more sleep. We both feel asleep and woke at 7am -Yeah!! Evie rolled over, looked me in the eyes and smiled so sweetly- then commenced to roll around, stick her butt in my face, and farted so loud that it woke Brian. Brian laughed hysterically from our bedroom while I rolled out of bed as fast as possible because baby farts do not smell any better than adult ones. Evie will probably be embarrassed that I shared this story but it just made life so much easier and made our weekend perfect!!

No comments:

Post a Comment