Wednesday, June 6, 2012

The ups and downs of life!

I have hit my 17th week of pregnancy and all is great with the baby.  The little monster started moving this week and I forgot how much I love this stage!  The stress is starting to ease and I am not constantly worrying with every ache and pain.  Evie is doing great - she is learning so much and has the cutest/funniest personality.  She is so cuddly and lovable with me and I enjoy every second we spend together (except for the temper tantrums, which are rare but awful)!
On a sad note, Remi, our beloved cat has been diagnosed with a very complex and rare disease.  There is nothing we can do for our first baby so Brian and I will be taking him to the vet this afternoon for the last time.  I am so utterly sad and lost over this - he is only 7 years old- way too young to leave us!  We noticed in Jan that he was drinking and urinating too much so we took him the the vet - they ran all sorts of test and he came back healthy.  He has acted normal and healthy until Saturday when he wasn't able to hold his head up for more than a second.  We rushed him to the emergency vet where we were told he has low potassium, which is shutting down his muscles.  They gave him supplements and he stayed there until Monday morning. I picked him up and took him to our regular vet and they did an ultrasound and he has enlarged pituitary gland and adrenal glands - there is nothing we can do for him.  We brought him home - hoping he could enjoy his last days but he has refused to eat and drink and is not able to get up and function so we have made a very hard decision to ease his pain.  I keep questioning our decision but I really think this is for the best- I cant handle the stress of the situation and Remi deserves to have a dignified, painless death.  He has been a great cat for Brian and I and he will be greatly missed!!!

1 comment:

  1. I am so sorry to hear about Remi. Our cat was just sick and it was so heartbreaking to watch her suffer. You did the right thing to make sure he's not in pain.

    ReplyDelete